Blog Archive

Sunday 31 January 2016

Revision tips and tricks! |Ella&Lucy

Revision tips and tricks!
Hey guys,
So it's the time of the month when exams are coming round quickly. All of your teachers are giving you revision to do. So how do you even get started? If you struggle at revising, like I do, then carry on reading for a few tips on how to do it! Btw- these are just the things I do to revise! You don't need to do these things if you don't want to!

So, to start with I just try and find a really quite room where I can think. I can't ever revise if i'm getting distracted constantly. I always have a drink with me when i'm revising and I try to keep my phone away from me at a distance.

Have breaks when you get bored! I always tend to get bored when i'm revising and I feel like I start to lose concentration. When this happens I go and talk to someone in my family or just check up on my phone.

Now onto the methods of revising.

Notebook! I bought a brand new notebook which I do all of my revision in. I basically go through all of my notes in my school books and rewrite them into my notebook. I feel like this is a really good way to re-jog your memory. Once I've made the notes I like to go over and re-read everything whilst highlighting key points. I got my notebook for a really cheap price at Tesco!

Highlighters! You can't go wrong with highlighters as they make your work look pretty and also help you to remember at the same time! I got my set again from Tesco.

Red pen- When I'm revising I don't know why but I always write down everything in red pen. It just makes everything so much clearer and interesting to read than dull black.

Post-it notes! Post-it notes are such a good way to remember things and to organise things. I usually use mine to write down French words that I need to remember or I write down every exam coming up and on my week planner on my wall (you could use a calendar) just stick them to the days that you are taking the exam. Also I don't know if you can see in the picture, but with the smaller weird shaped post-it notes, I put them into my notebook which separates the different notes on different subject. Obviously you can get post-it notes from anywhere but I got mine in a cute black box with all these different colours and I think that I got  it from Rymans.

Flash cards! I always heard people talking about flashcards but I'd never actually used them myself but I'm so glad that I did start using them. I write down key terms on them and then on the back I write down the meaning or the answer. I also found this a really good way to remember things. You can also make them as pretty as you want them to look. I got my set in different colours from Tesco but I know that you can also get them in plain.



I hope you guys enjoyed reading this and I hope that this helps you out in some way. If you are doing exams at the moment I wish you the best of luck!
Thanks for reading!

Ella
Xx Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment